Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: February 2014 Song of the Month - Bayou Noir - some lyrics for Ned and Jamey

Christian, ton avis ?

Marc.

Re: February 2014 Song of the Month - Bayou Noir - some lyrics for Ned and Jamey

Thank you, Marc. Right now, my French is mostly from songs.

Hmm.. no perhaps I need to make a verse for you, Marc! :)

We're stuck at home because of a winter storm - very strange for this area. Good time to work on music.

John in Oregon

animé?? I hadn't heard of that word. Had to look up in my La French dictionary, which says it means "spry, spirited". John, what were you trying to say there?

Hey Bryan. I'm trying to say that Jamey is busy (occupied) with a pretty girl over on Bayou Noir.

Occupé didn't seem to get the sense of it. Would that be more correct?

I've always been good at making new words to existing songs and enjoy it. Filks, actually. It's always a lot of fun to incorporate the folks you know into the words for songs at a fire/jam.

John in Oregon

Ok, I've done a video, put it on youtube- would somebody please advise me how to post it on here?

Thanks

Ade

AJ, there may be other ways, but I do it by clicking on the "share" button, then the "embed" button, the check the "Use old embed code" box. The just copy all the gibberish in the box and paste it with your message in the forum post. When you paste it, it will be the whole gibberish, but when you hit "post message", it will embed the video.

John, "occupé" is the only word I know for "busy with", but someone more fluent than me may know more.

Thanks Bryan, will have a go later- you're right it is alot of gibberish, I'll put some time aside later to input it all.

You don't have to input it, just copy and paste the whole thing, should just take a couple seconds.

Thanks Bryan. I'll go with occupé then. Marc seemed a little unsure about my use of anime also.

John in Oregon

"Animé" means "busy" in expressions like "a busy town" (une ville animée). Not in your example.

But X... may be "avec une fille", "occupé avec une fille", or "être après courir après une fille", or "après courtiser une fille". Several possibilities...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!