Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bayou Noir attempt

Sounds good and authentic. I dig the rhythm!

Re: Bayou Noir attempt --- even dogs love Cajun accordion

AJ, I just love how your dog seems to like the music, and gets up to reposition comfortably, and goes back to napping!! My two big dogs are about the same way ... I can be practicing on my new Acadian in the kitchen late at night, and they will come downstairs to be with me and lay nearby. The rude jokes from my friends about "do your dogs howl when you play?" mean nothing --- they just don't appreciate the beauty of these instruments.
Eric, in Alaska

I think its more a case of "Here we go, he's on that noisy old wind box again- when will I get fed?". I took up the cajun accordion at the same time as getting him as a pup, so he's grown up with it. Once had a dog that did howl when you played the harmonica, I lived next to a train track at the time too so the 3 things made a wonderful cacophony.

Thanks for everyones positive comments, I look forward to watching the other entries rolling in. So whats next then?

Ade.

I'm just about ready to record my attempt at Bayou Noir. Man.. My wife is just a tad tired of hearing it for sure. A patient woman she is.

As for the next song on the "Song of the Month" hit parade... Given the timing..

It just might have something to do with Mardi Gras. The Balfa Brothers "Plays Traditional Cajun Music" album just might be a good starting reference.

Maybe...

John in Oregon

Good luck, time to put the poor woman out of her misery!
Though I'm sure like me you'll have to keep playing it post recording so as to not let it slip away.

That tune you mentioned, have got a feeling it might be the one in Am, a bit "old world" sounding. Will dig out my Kevin Naquin version- thanks for the tip.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!