Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2014 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

I've noticed that Louisiana Folk Routes has a building that appears to be located on the Vermilionville property. Perhaps that has something to do with it being held there this year. I agree that it seems a shame that the lodging isn't where the instruction is happening...

Louisiana Folk Roots states on their website:

This will mark our third Balfa Week location through the years, and this change was necessitated by an extensive renovation project at Chicot State Park. Our original home was Lake Fausse Pointe State Park.

Our new location will offer us greater capacity, even greater access to local learners, and the possibility of expanding our offerings futher in the future. We hope you can join us in April.

Allons à Lafayette!

This relocation will help me. It cuts the travel time down by a 1/3. I won't be able to make the Saturday like usual because I have a gig down around Austin, but it makes it possible to make one of the week nights.

I'll be there, good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise . . .

Would love to meet you, JoanieBlon!

I know some are disappointed by the venue change this year. But look on the bright side. Rather than be in a fairly isolated location far from the locals, dancehalls, clubs, bars and saloons in and around Lafayette, you all will be right in the mix. If part of Balfa camp is about immersion than what better way to immerse oneself than being at the center of the Acadiana region? With this change of venue, the Bluemoon Saloon, Whiskey River, La Poussiare, Cafe Des Amies, Joie de Vie, downtown Lafayette, various local restaurants all become easily accessible.

I think it will be a really nice change from the norm. I

My wife Karen and I will be at Balfa Camp this year! This will be
our 11th trip to Balfa Camp. Some other folks from Seattle will be
coming, too. We would like to meet you Joanie! See you in Lafayette!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!