Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bb flat for sale

Yeah Bryan, it's de Bb which is an island tuning.

Comes with extra set of reeds in key of D.

Ah.. like a bonus.

This accordion was made for me by Larry Miller in 2002 in the key of D, Larry converted it for me to Bb in 2011. Binci reeds of course, willing to sell D reeds seperatly, any offers. Accordion is a nine button, curly maple with internal Shure 65 mic installed. Any offers?

why don't it have 10 buttons like the standard box. the internal mic is a bonus

I prefered a smaller box because I'm a small guy.

Way to much for a Larry Miller box that old

What do you think it is worth?

i'd put it on ebay & make sure all international ebayers can view it also. People would kill for one of those boxes, & with a built in pickup it will really stand out from all the other button accordions. Set the price high so you don't lose money on it. it's about a grand for a chinese built hohner so what you have is very valuable regardless of what people tell you. Just be firm & stand your ground on the price you want. I would have bought it for sure but I don't know jack about 9 button setups

Thank you for your input, Doug. A nine button is just missing the lowest two notes so your start position is two buttons down from the top of the box instead of three buttons down. Was never a problem learning and I can pick up a ten button and go right at it. Also have a C box same configuration same maker, considering letting that one go as well. Will hit the Euro market soon.

The 9 buttons have a few attractions. Most are made on smaller boxes, so more compact and lighter. The other benefit (to some) is they are usually louder than full size boxes. They have a perception of using more air, because of the smaller bellows, but it's not a problem and easy to get used to.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!