Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bayou Noir Video

Here's my version. Haven't posted here in a while but hope you guys enjoy.

-Cameron

Re: Bayou Noir Video

There seem to be some stylistic differences in our interpretations, but you've given me some things to work on. Now if I could just find my Archbishop Rummel teeshirt...

Good playin', Cam!

Thanks Mr. Nedro! And I knew someone was going to make a comment about the shirt, lol. My version is mostly based off of Walter Mouton's version from YouTube. Also a mix of some other stuff that came to mind and a lick stolen from Jamey Hall.

Awesome, Cam, as usual. Very steady and controlled, with just the right amount of licks. I think that one lick Jamey may be picked up from Peewee Broussard, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Mr. Bryan, I think it's the same lick that I heard Pee Wee Broussard do from the video on youTube. However,credits go to Mr. Jamey because right before I filmed my version, I stumbled upon his on the forum. The lick kind of adds more to the song that most people don't do. I kind of combined versions I've heard from Walter Mouton, Pee Wee, and Kira Viator.

Mr. Jamey, thank you!! That accordion is my dad's Marc Savoy C accordion. It was built in 85'.. My dad was close to my age. The accordion has been played by many greats...Eric O'Blanc, Marc himself, Jason Frey, Mitch Cormier, etc.. Too many to name.

COOL version, Cameron! I love the Pee Wee Broussard lick, of course, and that was very cool stuff you did toward the end.

What accordion is that? I like it!

Woot! Very nice Cameron. It's been a real pleasure to watch your playing style evolve over these last 5 or 6 years. I really like that part where it sounds kinda breathless. Adds a really great tension.

Sigh.. Man.. wish I was there in the middle of it all.

Ya know... you make it look at least a little bit harder though..

Okay... so.. how about the Mardi Gras song? Let's hear your take.

John in Oregon

Thanks Mr. John. I have noticed by style change quite a bit too.. Pretty funny when I stumble upon my old videos on youTube. I really appreciate you noticing the change.

I may be able to do a version of Mardi Gras Song soon. All depending on time!

Can't wait to see the rest of the Bayou Noir's and the upcoming Mardi Gras Songs!!

I was trying not to give Jamey too much credit, don't want his head to outgrow his beard...well, that and it's driving me crazy that it sounds like a simple lick but I don't have it down yet. It does add a lot to the song. Peewee had a lot of those licks.

Great stuff- so thats the uptempo pro version then!

Thank you, AJ!!

Great version, Cameron.
Maybe a bit slow. Can t you speed it up a little?

Cameron.. the last time I heard your version I thought it was great, but a bit fast.
It must have been me. Old age perhaps?
I heard it again just now, and it sounds just great (and not too fast at all)!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!