Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: looking for a teacher

Abby,

You should get in touch with Drew Simon. He plays drums with the Pine Leaf Boys but he also has a few groups of his own (Low Maintenance and T'Monde) and teaches private Cajun accordion lessons.

John

Brazos Huval in Breaux bridge has regular fiddle,guitar and accordion classes weekly in Breaux Bridge, ask at Joie de Vivre café or Angelles restaurant and Kbon radio. They have regular jams on Saturday downtown and kbon advertises for him.

Wait,...are you frickin' kidding me???????
You live in Lafayette and you can't find an accordion teacher?!
The whole rest of the world has only youtube and DVD's to teach us and you're in La Fayette??!! Moi je connais pas, mais....
(Maybe try a little harder to take advantage of your situation/surroundings cuz I'd kill to be learning accordion in Lafayette).

Shocked in San Diego.

Haha, yeah well I've been trying to find a teacher here in Lafayette close to a year now. I know and have met a lot of accordion players but it just never seems to work out. I could learn from a school we have but I don't have $500 for that haha. I'm not giving up though, I'm determined to learn.

I'm a fiddler and music teacher living in Arnaudville. I teach Cajun accordion in addition to fiddle, guitar, piano, etc. I currently have 6 accordion students including 5 kids and 1 adult. I come to Lafayette often. You can email me at hample@rcn.com or call (337) 308-4144.

Henry Hample

Jimmy Breaux teaches out of Lafayette. I took lessons from Drew as well for awhile he charges $40 an hour

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!