Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My shot at Bayou Noir

Feedback to where John?

Haha... perhaps place the mic close to the speaker???

John in Oregon

Nothing wrong with it. If you speed it up a bit and smile , it's good!
( I fully realize that smiling is sometimes the hardest part )

Dam, Peer, you beat me to it! John, you look like your baby just left you all alone on Bayou Noir, and your thoughts are as black as the water. You're breaking my heart!

I like that you're keeping your tempo slow enough to control yourself, something I rarely accomplish on camera. Someone told me once to play slow enough to be smooth and rhythmic, and the speed would take care of itself. I can follow that advice right up until the time I forget it; usually about 20 seconds . . .

I hope John A's baby did'nt leave him alone on Bayou Noir, he did say a bit back that his missus had been very patient with him practising it every waking hour! He does chuckle at the end though to be fair.

Hah.. yeah, I keep telling myself to smile and not look so... inward. It's tough. I'm concentrating on the playing and I am very inward while playing.

All my life I've wanted to make music and this is the first time that I've been able to do so and every time I play it's a pretty amazing thing for me.

I'm guessing that looking relaxed and all is something you have to practice - just like the right hand.

Peer, I love those little sly looks you give the camera. You look very into the music and also give the audience that "special moment".

Another thing on which to work.

John in Oregon

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!