Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most bang the buck LMM triple row

What brand/model have you folks found has the best sound for the price (I'd like to stay under ~$2500, and the lower the better) on a LMM triple row diatonic.

Very hard to find any on the shelf where you can judge for oneself about the sound. I've considered Baffetti, but would like to try before I buy. Would not consider the Excelsior due to the shenanigans of the dealer. Weltmeister? I tend to not like their reeds.

Hohner? I've tried the Corona XTreme's at an accordion festival, but the buttons tend to have a lot of slop on the lever portion, causing them to flex when trying to hit them. This is an issue I've seen in some single rows too, and I would never buy one like that.

So, any ideas?

Dwight

Re: Most bang the buck LMM triple row

Check out the Button Box web site. They have several 3 row boxes available and there are videos so you can hear them. Also, you can check out Liberty Bellows web site. They also have videos of their boxes. Good luck.

Check Craigslist, especially in the Central Valley, Sacramento, Fresno, etc. You'll see used triple rows all the time, might pick up a bargain...

Don't have a clue what this is. Might be a Chinese POS, might be something cool. Point is these things show up all the time on Craigslist from $500 -$3500, depending on the maker. How ya doing anyhow Dwight-san? ;- )

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/msg/4303596537.html

Ok Tommy. Just trying to learn how to be a musician/band-leader/song-writer/non-lethal band manager.

How you?

Well after putting down the accordion for more than three years for personal reasons I took it up again. I also have some truly great and $$$ fiddles come my way that I use to scare the cats. Are you on Facebook?

Dwight, I find the tuning has more to do with the sound than anything else.
How "wet" you make the MM reeds makes a world of different.

With the right tuning you can make a very cheap accordion sound good,
but it will still be a hard to play POS...

I have an excelsior 3 row 9 swith 4 reed that was just serviced and sounds and plays better than new (and it is a better box than the gabbs and pebly the baff as well) for sale on e bay starting bod $2,100 with mic installed...perfect for zydeco! Rico e mail me at rockinrukes1@yahoo.com

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!