Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mardi Gras

You aren't the only one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3GJWI1Saw

Hilarant.

Marc.

Thanks for that Jude! The meaning seems to get lost, even down here amongst family and friends born and raised here. It has become more "pagan" than Christian in years past. Whatever one's faith, at least know why we do it. Peace be with you man!

Well, hold my beer and watch this, here's the deal, about 4 years ago, we lost our Mardi Gras parade in Pecaniere, because the 18,19,20ish year olds thought it was all about getting drunk as fast as you can, then fall off their horse or the back of a float and **** near get killed. They had no clue what it's really about. The other think that burnt my toast, is here where I live, they have a huge Mardi Gras in downtown Port Arthur, Tx. I starts on Thursday and concludes on Sunday. So here, Mardi Gras OVER on Sunday. WRONG people. Mardi Gras hasn't even happened yet. It's Fat TUESDAY, not Thurs. Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but TUESDAY, the day before Ash Wednesday. I just felt these fools out there needed to know what the party was all about. Ok, I'll get off the soap box now, give me back my beer. Oh, I forgot, I gave up drinking for Lent

They don't want to give you Texans the two extra days off is why

Wow, Thanks a bunch for all that info Jude

I would have never known it was all started with/in a religious context... I been there quite a few times when younger. Never entered my mind..

To which I ask..

Where do the Cajun/Louisiana 'Indians' with the feather/bead costumes come into the picture..

Can anyone explain this.

tnx
Johnniez

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!