Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kirk Menier and Jerry Moody, OT

Kirk Menier used to be a regular on this forum, but has not been here in a while, and most new posters won't know him. Jerry also used to be a regular here, and there are a few, including myself, who had a few differences of opinion with him.

As a firefighter and paramedic, I've been involved in countless cpr's, some with happy endings like Kirk's, most not. The good ones make us all feel good, and people often thank us and the other emergency medical staff, and that's fine, we appreciate it. But we're only doing our job, one that we've been trained to do, are expected to do, and even lawfully required to do. But the positive effect of bystander cpr can never be over emphasized. For the obvious medical reasons because it keeps the heart pumping oxygen for those minutes it takes the ambulance to get there, but it's always done by people that didn't have to, and are even taking some risk in doing so.

From what I understand, Jerry Moody (who is close friends with Kirk), Jerry's wife Judy, and a physician, performed cpr on Kirk until EMS crews got there. That, to me, is the epitome of selfless humanity, courage. No matter what differences anyone has with Jerry, if you could see the picture posted on facebook of Kirk's daughter Paige, looking at her dad with thankful and loving eyes, his hand on her shoulder, after he woke up, and know that Jerry and his wife played a large part in that picture taking place, maybe even the largest part. Jerry is a man of conviction and courage, and I salute him and his wife.

Re: Kirk Menier and Jerry Moody, OT

Well said Bryan. I totally agree. I too have worked in healthcare for over 40 years. First responders like Jerry make a huge difference. But the choice to initiate CPR is hard to do....it does take courage and conviction....Jerry has plenty of that. I salute you Jerry.....Get better Kirk your work in this world isn't finished.

Charlie Begnaud

**** Bryan you make life so hard at times. Ok Jerry nice work and Judy I know you did a great job as well

Proud of you, randy4u. he he

Jerry & helpers did a great job, as Kirk is back home again, but on a long recovery route i heard ... Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!