Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trade a terrific and $$$ fiddle for an Acadian accordion

I've got two great violins. Actually I have five fiddles but two of them are very old and very good. One is French, made around 1860, trimmed in ebony and ivory around the edges. Labeled Charotte-Millot. Sound is unreal, big, dark and powerful. Valued at $4K.

The other is a bench-made Maggini copy, probably from Dresden that was brought to the USA "in the white" in 1875 by Asa White, the famous New England luthier in the 19th Century who then re-graduated and varnished it. Beautiful refined tone with plenty of pop. I bought this from my great friend Roger Johnson, owner of Johnson Stringed Instruments in the Boston area. They are experts on Asa White violins. This was Roger's personal fiddle.

I'm looking for an Acadian accordion. Scratches, dings etc unimportant. I'll either trade for a box or sell one of the fiddles toward buying a new accordion.

Longshot I know but if you play fiddle, these are keepers.

Re: Trade a terrific and $$$ fiddle for an Acadian accordion

There is a really nice one on EBAY right now. From Arkansas.

Save it for a M A R T I N is a better scoop

I have a nice accordion made by Andre Michot if you would be interested.

I've had three Martin accordions. "HAD" is the operative word...

So far, I've played Martin, Crown, Mouton, Gabbanelli, Hohner. But my favorite accordion has been an old Shine Mouton that I sold Jude Meche a few years back, not too pretty, but loud and smooth. I hope to play an Acadian and one of Bryan's before I croak! Lol

it seems like the violins are worth 2 accordions each. Are you drunk? @ the very least you could sell one & buy a new accordion & still have change

Fiddles are hard to sell and I'm not in the fiddle world to speak of. Besides I got a great deal on both so I have no problem selling either for a wholesale price to a guy who can really play. Money isn't everything.

What happened was I picked up a $$$$$ viola at an estate sale for a rediculous price and that paid for the French instrument. And I bought the Asa White for good money but not big moeny. If I could trade a fiddle for an accordion -- especially a D -- I'd be happy.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!