Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Available, Marc Savoy Acadian key of C

Homewood Music

hmi@scott.net

2013 Marc Savoy "Acadian" Maple Cajun Accordion dead mint condition.

http://hmi.homewood.net/savoy

This accordion was purchased by a lovely women in 2013. She is a concertina player, for whom I built a Tedrow Concertina. Though an anglo concertina is similar in many respects to a Cajun accordion, she found the accordion too heavy for her delicate frame. Included is a sturdy hard case from Junior Martin (another fine builder of cajun accordions) as well as a number of instructional videos and books. She has invested $2700 in the accordion, case, books and videos

Background of the builder, Mark Savoy, from a source we all know and love, Wikipedia

Marc Savoy (/sɑːˈvwɑː/ sah-vwah) (b. near Eunice, Louisiana, United States, October 1, 1940) is an American musician, and builder and player of the Cajun accordion.
Savoy holds a degree in chemical engineering but his primary income is derived from his accordion-making business, based at his Savoy Music Center in Eunice, Louisiana. His wife is the singer and guitarist Ann Savoy, whom he met in 1975. He has performed with Robert Bertrand, Dennis McGee, Rodney Balfa, Sady Courville, Dewey Balfa, D. L. Menard, and Michael Doucet, the latter of whom he plays with in the Savoy-Doucet Band. He also plays in the Savoy Family Band with his wife Ann and their sons Joel and Wilson.

Should you like to see a video of me playing this accordion (bearing in mind of course I am not a cajun) please find my You Tube Channel "Robert Tedrow".

Re: Available, Marc Savoy Acadian key of C

Didn't see it on your YouTube channel.

We saw a lot of other crap though

Congratulations. You've advertised the accordion brilliantly with all the photos of it from different angles.

Didn't see it either

Re: Available, Marc Savoy Acadian key of C (link#2)

Try this link#2, Darren

Re: Available, Marc Savoy Acadian key of C (link#2)

Maybe a song of the month on that old typewriter sitting on that cabinet

Excellent photography. That's a first here.

Seems to be about $700 too expensive.

A"greed"

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!