Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Globe 'Gold Medal' presentation

I'm redoing a Globe with that exact chord set up. I thought maybe the 4th chord reed was added after, but if it's on yours, that must've been original. Olav Bergflodt in Norway uses 4 chord reeds on his single rows, and I've always been intrigued by that.

One of the most distinctive sound to come out of these old German boxes is those chord reeds. I don't know if it's that they are on single plates, or that the chord reed chamber is just one big open chamber, or a combo, but I love that sound.

Wow thats a beauty! And well played too.
Best of luck with it.

**** jim cant wait til you get all together! congrats on the accordeon, itll be in good hands for sure. Im sure Elton is happy you have it!

best,

C

Thanks brother! I was originally working on my F Acadian, but this job takes presidence!

I had no clue this Globe would be this awesome. It has exceeded my expectations, even with it's current internal leaks (leathers dry rotted and too short / holes in wax)

The main thing is that the reeds are still in good condition!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!