Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Balfa Camp 2014

Another fabulous week is in the books! And I've got to say, though each has it's advantages and disadvantages, I think overall I prefer Vermillionville to Chicot. Vermillionville is its own closed off (beautiful) village; but if you have 15 minutes to spare, you can truck on down to Poupart's or T-Coon's for something tasty.

It was awesome!

Re: Balfa Camp 2014

This is by the airport? if so, that would save me some lodging expense to go back there. Always looking to cut those expenses. These days I think of music camps in percentages of accordions I could have bought.

Yup, right across the street from the airport. It's a mighty fine place. Yeah, Balfa is not a tangible, resalable item like an accordion, but it can be priceless . . .

Will it be there next year?

Glad we got to hang out and jam some! Btw, Adam wore his jump suit to the show Friday. ;-)

Awesome, Jon! I looked for him on FB today, but couldn't find him. I wondering what style/color YOU are going to opt for??
Great to see you, too; ur playing was smoking!

And Dwight, I believe the answer is "YES", and the news was well received by a great majority of the campers

Adam's not on FB but he is on Instagram.

I agree totally Jamey! And having the historic village open all day we
were able to practice or jam on the porches of the restored homes
and watch the Bayou Vermillion flow by!! Nice!

I'll definitely be back. You couldn't ask for a better dance floor! As a part-timer, I know I missed some phenomenal afternoon performances, still I got a lot out of the morning instruction. Having it at Vermillionville forced most everyone to be a little more disciplined and responsible. This was true for the instructors too.

Working with Sam Broussard and Paul Daigle was a treat.

It was great meeting up with so many of you again!

Glad you liked it beats the hell out of frigggin Chicot Park out in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for the feedback Jamey. So what's the game plan for next year? Are they gonna have it there again and in early April vs. Chicot in late April? I was wondering about the differences in dynamics since apparently the accommodation were splitter between the Blue Boon and other locations? There were probably less late night/early morning jams, bond fires and that kind of stuff that we had at Chicot?
Would you say the consensus is that Vermillionville was as good as Chicot overall?
Maz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!