Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
To fix the initial subject box... It's the site with the list of builders

After paying for 2 day delivery, in order to have it sent to the correct address I was charged an additional $11.50 to get it re-routed.

This dude or dudette needs to check the addresses.

Re: Who runs this accordion builder's website?!?!?!?!?!!

Should probably stay out of this, but here's it breaks down:

Elton Doucet's zip code on the Cajun Creole accordion builders site definitely is the zip code for Des Moines, 505--
Oversight on the part of website; probably just a typo that nobody caught, ever, including the builder himself.

All the other accordion builders in Louisiana with a listed address on that site have a zip code that starts with 70---; kind of a clue that all Louisiana zips start with a 7.
Oversight on your part.

Before shipping a high dollar accordion back to the builder, wouldn't you want to call that builder and confirm his complete address, including zip code.
Oversight again on you.

Why would anyone pay for 2nd day delivery unless they have a really high dollar gig coming up that demanded that particular instrument? Maybe that was your situation. Otherwise, just send it Ground.

Everybody on this forum (almost) knows who runs the Cajun /Creole Builders website. I'm sure he will correct the problem, and probably feels bad that the situation occurred.

Sorry Jim, but this is a 50/50 screw-up.

JB

Re: Who runs this accordion builder's website?!?!?!?!?!!

USPS currently doesn't know where it is. Since you seem to know this person, perhaps you should pass on this little tidbit of information.

All this time I've shipped stuff to him, with that zip. This time USPS didn't catch on.

Not that it's any of your concern, but I sent it 2 day shipping because it's the bellows /bellows frame of a Globe accordion from the early 1900's, that I am restoring. I had finally cleaned, waxed, and put new leathers on all the reeds.... was ready to tune it up, put it back together, and the frame got damaged.

Anyway, my reasoning for shipping it two day shipping is irrelevant, bub.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!