Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pepe's Waltz....

Thanks, Karl, I'm humbled. Have you heard Pepe Carmello's version? It's an original from him. Beautiful song. The A part is pretty simple, the B part is a little tricky.

I don't know why my left hand sometimes has seizures. I've paid attention to it when by myself, and it usually stays in rhythym, but let someone watch, even a video camera, and I self destruct.

I'm not sure if I've heard Pepe Carmello's version or not. I've tried to find it on youtube, and since I am unable to identify this song by name, doesn't make things easy. As to your left hand... I certainly didn't notice anything out of order. But I hope you don't have the beginnings of carpal tunnel setting in. Not fun. Thanks again for your musical contributions. There's alot of exceptional talent on this board. Maybe in about a year, I'll play good enough to post a little something.

Jolie valse. I had never heard it before.

I have been out of town for the past week or saw and did not see the posts about Pepe's Waltz; but no one has mentioned the source of the recording. The tune is on a CD by the Lafayette Rhythm Devils. The CD title is "Runnin". The CD was released in 2005 on the Z'affaire label. I believe that is Randy Vidrine's personal label; so he may have copies of the CD. I'm not sure how to contact him. On the CD, the title is listed as "Chemin de vie (Peppy's Waltz)."

It is a good CD.

Jack Bond

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!