Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: May 2014 Song of the Month - Dixie Ramblers Special (Octa Clark)

Well, to be honest, I meant your playing!
Youtube is great, but you always lose some subtleties in the sound, so it's sometimes hard to tell which accordion sounds better. For me anyway with my worn out ears. So I concentrate more on the playing than on the sound of the instrument.
BTW, according to my metronome Octa Clark's and Chris' versions are around 92 bpm, and yours around 104 (first) and 102(second! A lot faster than I can play, that's for sure.

Ha! That means I BEAT'EM! I win! Cuz 104 is like an A+ . . .

Err, that metronome definitely needs a recalibration. Maybe Jamey too.

I think the reason I was playing so fast in the first place is that I had just recalibrated . . .

I'll be already glad if I can manage 92 bpm. I'm doing my best, but I have to be careful with my ears. Every day I practice a short while. By now I'm able to play a pale copy of Chris' version, not really worth to make a video.
What I want is that peculiar rocking rhythm that both Octa Clark and Chris put in. A lot comes from an emphasis on the second beat, but that's not all. Very elusive indeed, and hard to capture!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!