Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buzzing Reeds on Acadian

The hard part on the bass side is figuring out which reed, since you can't shut off registers like on the treble. First thing to check is that the valves are sitting flat on the reed plate and not catching on anything. Is it on the push or pull? If on the pull, the valve inside the reed block may be catching on edge of the reed block chamber, or a wood whisker.

It's the top button on the left side on the push

But there's 3 reeds on that button, you'll have to isolate and find which one. Since it's on the push, it may be obvious and may be one of the 3 visible ones. But it may be one of the valves under the push reed that is catching. Hard to describe on the computer.

Thanks for all the info on the reeds Bryan. I do see what you are saying about the multiple reeds, and if it is an underneath issue. I wouldn't want to break anything fooling around. I'm going to go ahead and have Martin look at it tomorrow.

I had the same problem with leathers of my Acadian on a bass. And also a defect of airproofness on the right side between the keyboard and the bellows. I had repaired (140 euros = 110 dollars).

Marc.

Why are you taking the instrument to Junior instead of Marc? Wouldn't he be a better source for the proper repair?

Agreed, but Martin is close to my place and he's always been very helpful to me.

LOL Tom asks why not take it to the man in Eunice cause he would say just what the pope is saying

Marc has always been fine with me and I think he supports his own accordions.

Mr Obvious:

...."I think he supports his own accordions."

Very true, and no one else's. Personal experience.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!