Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: honking along ..

Funny coiffure, bored expression on her face, but complete mastery of what she does: all those subtle little accents that make this music expressive.
And I think the two chords she plays match the melody line quite well.
Very good actually!
And very OT!

And I just know she could play Cajun with ease if she wished.

Simona is an excellent organetto player. She is playing traditional Southern Italian music. This tune she is playing sounds like a quadriglia. She has a couple more videos on YouTube. They are worth a look. The organetto is similar to a cajun box, only it has a half row on the inside, usually 3 or 4 buttons and can have 2 or 4 basses. There are two row organettos with 4 and 8 basses. Usually they have 4 sets of reeds but can have 3 as well. Dino Baffeetti, De Angeles and Della Noce are the more well known builders of organettos. It is a fun instrument to play and Italian music is very festive and upbeat.

Video didn't work for me, just says "Private."

"She could play Cajun if she wanted"... no duh.

The skill level required for that level of play.. anything else is possible.

Tom Quinn
Video didn't work for me, just says "Private."

If you type "Simona Cenfi" directly into the YouTube search box it might still work. It does for me. It's the clip at the top of the list (3:50).

Seems like I never tire of listening to this wonderful and happy music now (thanks Nout for the addiction ). And they all seem to be virtuosos in this genre.
Simona (?) five years ago:

And I can hardly believe what I see here:

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!