Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jolie blonde/ Riding Aces first gig

Yes, thats the first thing that struck me- the excessive stomping!
Thanks for your thoughts Randy.

I disagree, if your foot wants to stomp, let it go.

AJ,
your stomping don't hurt a dern thing.
Your timing is good.
Rhythm for the band not bad at all. Drummer not too busy. Kept you on track.
My only suggestion is to maybe add a rhythm guitar player who can also sing a little, and also suggest to the young lady on the fiddle that she provide a little more rhythm when she is not taking a ride.
What kind of a pub was that? Looked kinda like an adobe house, which is probably pretty rare in your parts.
JB

Thanks JB, that sounds positive- I'll take it onboard.

We'll be recruiting a guitarist, this was just a trail run after me and the fiddler learning a few tunes over the last couple of months.
The venue was an old stone sheep barn on the farm where I live in Northern England. I lime rendered and washed the interior walls and built the wine bottle wall panel- more to do on that.
The farmer is a keen musician and holds this do every year so an ideal gig practice with no pressure.
We'll get our heads down with the guitarist now and get ready for more little shindigs, hopefully we'll get good enough to play for the folks who do the cajun dancing over here.

All the best

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!