Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
O.T.

Just a note to Peer, Neut & Ron.
Congrats on the Dutch team making the Semis in the World Cup.
I believe they may win.
JB

Re: O.T.

mmmmmmm ... we shall see. Tomorrow against Argentina, and, if they survive, a final against Germany, which is even a harder nut to crack ! 7-1 against soccer mecca Brazil!! But, let's face it: it's just a game.
Music is much more important!!
But thanks anyway John! Still a Dutchman at heart?

Heard this definition of football (soccer) one day: "Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win".

I know Christian, I know !!

Marc.

this definition hits the nail !!

It was Gary Lineker who said that.
He's now member of a British TV-show about soccer and he never got a yellow or red card during his career as soccerer:-)
I love it to look at a soccer-match, but the most are boring because of the tactical way they play it and there's no other sport were the fear to loose is bigger. The Dutch team did it very good and nobody in Holland expected that they came that far in the tournement. Only our coach knows it :-)
Last weekend in Dublin I saw a match of an Irish sport with the name Hurling and that looks like the opposite of soccer. Also 22 guys running, hitting, wrestling, kicking, throwing, ........ and no German around who can win the game. I never saw a faster sport than this, it was great.

What did I say?

@John, thanks and it\'s funny that you called Nout Neut, because that\'s the name of a strong Dutch alcoholic drink Jenever. I don\'t think Nout is drinking that :-)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!