Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wayne Toups video

I hope Wilson included a clip of Wayne being interviewed by Louisiana Public Broadcasting back in the early 90's I think it was. The short segment was part of a film on the Cajun music scene in Lousisiana and was filmed in someone's fenced in back yard next to a big oak tree. It could have been Wayne's back yard, I don't know.

:Pan in on Wayne, definately high as a kite. Eyes all slanted and almost shut. Slurred speach and a big smile as he tries to speak coherently to the interviewer and the camera. Then...... this dude breaks into one of the best versions of the "Lacassine Special" I've ever heard in my life by anyone! It was epic!

But you're lucky if you ever see this segment on TV or anywhere ever again because of the "drug use" undertones. It's like the man was on a ayahuasca trip, but still able to enspire with his musically talented exposed soul.

Is it on youtube by any chance?

I dont think so.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!