Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
can't comment without it telling me I am spam

what up?

Re: ok well maybe this will work too

Well...I tried from my phone and it didn't work. Then I tried copying and pasting what I had originally planned to post...that wouldn't go through either. Guess I'll write from scratch...

I enjoyed everyone's Madeleine videos! It's always interesting to see and hear the different approaches.

I wanted to let John know that your steadiness and your left hand two-step work has really improved!

Bryan always has some cool licks.

Tim-that flurry is nothing...I can show your that in 30 seconds...it was me blowing off steam and frustration for the way I had just played! All I ever hear in my recordings are the things I don't like! or the things that I think should be better! I don't think a player ever gets to the point that he or she thinks they have "learned it all."--there is always more to learn or more that can be done or a different level it can be taken to. We are all learning.

The song of the month project makes me a better player. That is why I try to do it. It makes me focus on songs in a different way and therefore makes me grow. It is always daunting to make a recording of any kind and have others "pass judgment." I hope that is not what we are doing--we need to help each other.

Thanks to all who participate, either by posting a video or by commenting. I appreciate the comments and I watch and learn from everyone.

Let's all keep learning!

Chris,
Naw, I was joking about throwing in the towel. I didn't think you were showing off or anything like that. I love the music and my accordions too much to stop playing around.
I like the reinforcement from others who can relate to what these boxes are about, whether they play better or, hopefully not, WORSE than me! :)
Thank you for being humble about your skills.
Thank you for the love bridge waltz lessons on you tube.

Well put Chris. Helping each other is what keeps this music alive and carrying on. It frustrates me when some musicians don't want to teach or help others.

Funny that Chris would criticize that playing, the rest of us just go "wow".

But it is for that reason videoing yourself is such a help. You see things you didn't realize you were doing. And for those of us not able to play with other people much, it very closely duplicates the nervousness that comes with playing in front of other people.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!