Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I\'m doing a new CD. Need advice

Chris,
Last year my wife and I did a Cajun CD (available on CD Baby... title Deux Amis). We did it with Disc Makers. The packaging format we chose was the Eco Wallet, which is just a four panel cardboard case with a pocket for the disc on the inside and four printed surfaces. There is a slightly more expensive version that has another pocket inside to put a removable insert in, printed with your lyrics or whatever else you want. I am guessing you want the French lyrics as well as the English translation, so space may be an issue, but you can probably do it as an inserted multi-page booklet.

You should also consider .mp3 format distribution on Amazon or CD Baby. A lot of people now listen to music exclusively on their phones, tablets, or laptops, and don't even have a CD player. We didn't do .mp3 at first, and now I am considering going back and adding that to our CD Baby package.

Hope this helps.

Re: I\\\\\\\'m doing a new CD. Need advice

Chris, I got to see you live for the first time this past month at Larry's. I have wanted to see you guys for a while. We were having a big party for my brother. I am trying to learn to play and have watched a lot of your vids.

When your project comes available, you can mark me down for at least 5 of them. My family would love them as a gift.

Looking forward to seeing the band again at Larry's in a few weeks.

Good luck with the new CD.

Re: I\'m doing a new CD. Need advice

Hey Chris,
I really like the lyrics included. It's great for fans to learn how to sing the songs, much less the meanings if translations are included. I vote include lyrics and liner notes of your thoughts and experiences. Stories are great.
Kirk Jones

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!