Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
replacement springs for Bon Cajun accordion?

Hi Folks
I am writing from Canada. I would like to replace the springs on the buttons of a well-used Bon Cajun accordion. Any suggestions where I could order them to have them shipped? Thanks in advance. Jimbo

Re: replacement springs for Bon Cajun accordion?

Check with Larry Miller@337-779-2456 or 337-224-1525.

It's ridiculously hard to find them these days. I can say for sure, that the action won't feel the same, once replaced. There are ways to adjust this, and it took me about five years to figure out the best way of doing so.

Can I ask, what do you think is wrong with your springs?

Thanks for your reply. The springs just feel a little soft - my feeing is that they could be a lttle stiffer. I have another Bon Cajun accordion, and the buttons on it just offer a litte more resistance when depressed. I'm just being fussy.

If you like the feel of the action, but just want them stiffer, I wouldn't change the springs, you very may end up with the exact same situation, or with a feel you don't like, as Jim mentioned. There are two distinctly different springs I've found available, a bigger one and a smaller one. I personally prefer the smaller one, and some prefer the bigger ones, and you can either lighten or make heavier any of them. You make heavier by removing coils, one at a time until you get to where you want. Tedious process

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!