Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Best bang for the buck... Check out this new one from Elton Doucet

Hello. In reference to your question about what makes an accordion easier to play, depends a lot on the player. If you're buying a Louisiana made Cajun accordion, they all are decent. Some people prefer certain brands to others, but for the most part, you're getting quality all around. I have a variety of different brands, but it's like choosing your favorite kid lol.

I can say for certain I love John Elton Doucet's accordions. I have two of them, and as far as prices go, I have yet to find a less expensive Louisiana handmade. And currently, in my opinion are the top of my list of favorites. But as I said, it's like picking a favorite baby.

He's selling this brand new one for $1600.00. It's in C (which is usually the Cajun standard key), has #1 Italian, Binci reeds. Quality Italian bellows, which are considered the finest on earth. The wood is made of Maple, with a dark brown stain.

If interested, call 337-684-6495 or E-mail jedoucet@netzero.net

Also, I'll attempt to show you two videos of me playing the two I own. HTML has been sketchy on bravenet recently....

photo newdoucetaccordion_zpse11f317b.jpg

Here's one of my Cajun brand accordions, made by Mr. Doucet.

Here's another

Re: Best bang for the buck... Check out this new one from Elton Doucet

Thank you,someone else also recommended him.I am going see Mr. Doucet today :-)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!