Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early Cajun Music: "Two Step De Eunice" - Amede Ardoin

It is not surprising that white Cajuns and black Creoles have often found themselves with much in common. This close contact resulted in an intense period of cultural exchange. African-Caribbean poly-rhythms and call-and-response forms blended with European-derived dances such as the waltz and the two-step. With songs like "Two Step de Eunice" and "Blues De Basille," Amede Ardoin, helped by his fiddle player and traveling companion Denis McGee, became one of the first—if not the first—musicians to record Louisiana's Cajun music.

Read more: http://earlycajunmusic.blogspot.com/2014/10/two-step-de-eunice-amede-ardoin.html

WF

Re: Early Cajun Music: "Two Step De Eunice" - Amede Ardoin

I have this 78 too, is your B side Valse Ah Abe too?

My favorie version of my favorite song. Marc Savoy says he talked to a guy in Ville Platte that said he taught Amede this song.

Is it possible for one of you guys to make a copy of that song for me.

I have it by The Mamou Play Boys and would like to here it by Amede.

Yep. Valse d'abe

Great stuff. The essentials of early Cajun music, short and to the point. But a lot of interesting details as well. Thanks again!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!