Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Early Cajun Music: "Chere Tu Tu" - Miller's Merrymakers

lovely song. thanks again!

Ey up Vlad, good to see you're loving it!

Jolie Tout Toute.

How's your son, Vladimir?

ahhh, but Angelas did record it, only he called it Valse de Church Point and with Denus McGee & Wade Frugé churnin fiddles in the back of him it sounds beautiful. 1929 I think it was. Denus also recorded it as Valse de Puit d'Huile in 1929 with Wade Frugé.

I'm thinking maybe ol' Jean Baptiste Fusilier wrote the words we all love and know, and maybe the tune was just an old one been around a long time maybe?

Christain you are correct, "Nonc Jack" Angelais LeJeune recorded this tune with Denus Magee and Ernest Fruge', not Wade Fruge'. Both of these Fruge' were great fiddlers.

Thanks Robert for the correction, for some reason they got all croche in my head and I thought they were the same person. Do you know of any other recordings of Ernest besides the ones with Nonc Jack and Denus?

I don't know of any other records Ernest Fruge' played on except Angelas' and some of Denus Magee's. I know he played with a lot of different people including Iry LeJeune[There is a photo of him playing with Iry].

Know where I can find the photo?

Christian, the photo of Ernest Fruge' playing with Iry LeJeune is in Johnny Allen's first photo book. There are a lot of old pictures of musicians in this book.

Thanks Rob and Christian

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!