Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Accordion Americana Post: The Band

Cajun Joe, I'm interested in all of us out there that play all kinds of accordions.I just want to try to let everyone know that you are not alone, no matter what kind of accordion they play, so that the accordion doesn't die out. I also want to find people that play for a living, and are really good. I mean no harm. I am trying to share with everyone what is going on in the world of the accordion, no matter what kind. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.Christa

Christa - suggestion would be you find another forum. I don't think this one is a match for your goals.

Hello Christa,
I think The Band is far out, and groovy, and all that, but they don't have any connection with Cajun music as far as I know.
I play piano accordion for a living (be it a very small one), but I'm here for the one row melodeon (a.k.a. cajun accordion), and for nothing else, and so are the others.
Sorry if we are a bit rude, but, as you may have noticed , it's a man's world over here!

The few ladies on this forum usually don't stay very long!!

Thanks for the post Christa.

Don't worry too much about some of the intolerance around here. They are all basically harmless, although I think their rudeness was uncalled for.

I used to get some flack because I dared to talk about Zydeco rather than Cajun, or to talk about triple row diatonic accordions sometimes instead of focussing solely on the Cajun single row accordion. Didn't bother me - I just ignored them and kept posting regardless of what a small number of self-appointed monitors said.

I hope you come back with more contributions to the discussion.

-David

Shame on you cajunjoe and Mr Guy!

Why you gotta be so rude? Who put you in charge of dictating what someone can say on this forum?

In my opinion, you guys owe Christa an apology.

Re: Shame on you cajunjoe and Mr Guy!

Considering Levon Helms brought a lot of his Louisiana to that group, I think there is some connection. And I agree with David, I don't think you would talk that way to her face. Lighten up guys it's all good...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!