Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: September SOTM - Redux - Church Point Breakdown

Thanks Jamey. Big question is if it is danceable. That whole thing is pretty lost on me. JohnA peut pas dancer.

John in Oregon

Well it made me shuffle about in my chair and the bass sides solid.
You use a lot of repetition in your playing which gives it a trance quality.

Looking forward to having a stab at Midland, You always seem to choose tunes I've touched on but never properly followed through- its great to have an excuse to really work on them. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thanks AJ. The repetition is just a matter of not knowing how to do other stuff. I'd like to make it more interesting, but don't know what to do or where to put it.

I'm looking forward to hearing your take on the Midland. There is so much room for all sorts of stuff in that song.

John in Oregon

To answer your earlier question, JohnA, YES! Yours was very danceable. To find out, I put it on and danced around the room, and, I'm sorry to say, your Churchpoint was more danceable than my Midland, dammit. Oh well, I guess that's why we practice. Anyway, once again: GREAT job!

PS. I found your Churchpoint to have a bouncy, "European" quality to it that I liked very much.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!