Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early Cajun Music: "Waltz of the Mulberry Limb" - Iry Lejeune

After WWII, small independent labels began popping up all over Texas and Louisiana including one created by Robert E Tanner and his wife Dorris. Bob originally teamed up with Virgil Bozman after his O.T. label dried up and together, they created the very short lived Hot Rod label in San Antonio, Texas. After that failed, in 1947, Bob and his wife built a record pressing plant in San Antonio, Texas due to the increasing amount of chicano music in the area. By 1953, they created T.N.T. ("Tanner 'N' Texas").

Read more: http://earlycajunmusic.blogspot.com/2014/11/waltz-of-mulberry-limb-iry-lejeune.html

WF

Re: Early Cajun Music: "Waltz of the Mulberry Limb" - Iry Lejeune

Thank you for the effort that is going into this. A most interesting look into the history of this music.

I'm looking forward to each posting.

John in Oregon

Thanks John. That means alot. I'm getting alot of help from the usual people we all know around here, which helps. It's not perfect and i'm always going back and making updates. It's garnered some attention from a few historians and authors as well as radio station in San Francisco. I may be doing a 2hr segment on some the songs on KPOO at the end of the month. Should be fun. We'll see how that goes.

btw, if anyone has intimate knowledge about a song, feel free to send it along. Hopefully, over time, we can collect this information in one place for easy reference and sharing.

WF

It's important to preserve the music and the stories (there's always more than one) that go along with the music.

I particularly liked the story that went along with Belezere. Adds a lot of personality to the songs.

John in Oregon

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!