Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Early Cajun Music: "Acadian All-Star Special" - Lee Sonnier

Wade,

You gonna put this all into print? This is turning into quite the compendium that you are doing.

John in Oregon

Re: Early Cajun Music: "Acadian All-Star Special" - Lee Sonnier

Hey John. I get asked that alot. I assume you mean formally publish the material into a book or booklet format. I'm afraid very little of this is mine. It's really just a compilation from other people's material, liner notes, books, magazines, forum posts, you name it. In order to do this, and make money on this, we're talking about verifying sources, getting permission from a wide variety of authors and historians, finding copyrights on different things i'm sure, etc. It would make this small project into a very large, and time consuming, project. I'm not sure if I have what it takes to tackle that. I do appreciate the notion that it's worthy of publishing. I'm enjoying doing it and the attention it's getting. Hope it promotes our music as well as enlightens others, sparking lively discussions. Let me know your thoughts.

In the meantime, i've considered taking these articles, copying 10 of them at a time into a PDF file. Each file, giving a volume number and releasing a different volume every few months so people can print them at their own leisure and for their own enjoyment. Thinking about that.

WF

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!