Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is the L'Esprit Acadien Accordion an Authentic Cajun Box?

Looks like a Louisiana built accordion.
Jay Miller is a grandson of Larry Miller and he made a lot boxes.
Jay also built accordions for a while.
Maybe R Savignano built it with the help of Jay or opposite.
I'm sure somebody from Louisiana knows it

Hey Jim, I remember selling that box to you after you weren't pleased with the first one. I'm an amateur woodworker and have made 8 for my own pleasure never intending to sell but sometimes due to finances I have offered one or two. I made the "outside" and Jay installed the inside-reeds,reed blocks etc.as it seemed too difficult for me. I sold one to a guy in the UK, one to you and one to a guy in NH. Those are the only 3 out in public so you won't find much info on them. Still enjoying it?
Rich

Oops- In re reading your post perhaps you're not the guy I sold the D to originally. I think he may have come from CA-can't remember.
Rich Savignano

I guess you could say that the inside is "authentic" as it was done by Jay. The rest was done by an Italian from MA!!

Richard Savignano
I guess you could say that the inside is "authentic" as it was done by Jay. The rest was done by an Italian from MA!!

Hello, Richard.
Thanks so much for your replies and info. I purchased this box only last week so I'm not the buyer you remember. It's a wonderfully built accordion and sounds great!
May I ask what year you built it?
Best regards,
Jim

Hi Jim, Thanks for the kind words but the "sound" came from Jay and Larry and I think the accordion was built in 2009.
Rich

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!