Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Orleans Jazz Fest - Light on the Cajun/Zydeco

Just looking over the Jazz Fest lineup released today (Website link #2) trying to see who's playing. Pine Leaf Boys are the only Cajun band, and with Rockin' Dopsie Jr. and Rosie Ledet on the Zydeco side, the pickin's are slim. There may be more, but my eyes glazed over.

Re: New Orleans Jazz Fest - Light on the Cajun/Zydeco

I also saw Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys, a band name I didn't recognize (featuring special guest DL Menard, worth seeing just to see him!) and Bonsoir Catin. On these early listings, it is just a hodge-podge list and very hard to read. It is easier once the actual schedule comes out. Also, there are lots of late signings so it pays to keep going back to look.

Sam, thanks for the research. There seems to be an art to reading the list. Digging deeper I found enough Cajun for withdrawal of my complaint.

Waylon Thibodeaux is complaining, however, being dumped after a 10-year run.

Hi Nedro, I only looked at the Saturday and Sunday of the second weekend, so there's probably more Cajun stuff to be found. Altogether 8 days worth!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!