Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Song of the Month - how much interest

Song of the month is a great subject and I look allways at the videos.
My problem is the lack of time.
So please keep them coming

Time is an issue for many of us. Because of time, I generally won't learn a new song for it, because what time I do have to play is spent improving those I do know, or as lately, trying to get my hole grail of songs, the Perrodin Two step.

Another thing for me, and maybe some others, most of the last few songs are rehashes of previous SOM, and though new to new members, I generally won't redo one that I've recorded before.

I like the idea of the SOM, but time is probably the biggest issue for most, and we just really don't have a lot of people on this forum compared to some.

Now you know just one of the reasons my SOTM would sometimes take me 2 months and a day to get to. And ditto for me on the time thing; ever since I moved out here to the "farm", my life has been cuh-RAZZY! But I still love SOTM; keep'em coming!

I especially like it when you choose songs I don't know; really gives me something to set my sights on.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!