Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hello and thanks

Since I so infrequently visit, I feel compelled to introduce myself each time. I play Cajun accordion around the San Francisco Bay Area. I know some of you personally, but many more not.

Like many of us, I have been working and raising a family for the past 12 years. A few years ago I made a career change to teach piano, and my youngest is old enough to not need constant supervision, so I hope to dedicate some time to expanding my accordion skills.

Thanks for the recent posts, especially to WF for the early Cajun music recordings (loved Clifford Breaux's "Continuez de Sonner"), to David Sousa for sharing the picture of his new Catagnari (oh I'd love one of those!), and to JohnA for proposing the song of the month--maybe I'll step up my Flames of Hell, thank you!

Re: hello and thanks

Hello Maureen!
It's almost strictly men over here, but I hope you feel welcome nonetheless.
Good luck with your accordion playing!

thank you Peer for the welcome, yes, Cajun accordionists are mostly men, so I'm used to it. As long as everyone is polite (enough), I'm good!

Hi Maureen! Glad to have you stop by, and glad to hear that things are going well.

I wish the Castagnari would hurry and get here already!!! I am very curious to find out what it will be like. The design is somewhat different from what we consider the norm.

I tried one out once David, and it was so smooth. A really different feel. Easy to play. And it had a perfect sound for Csjun music, to my ears. Let us know how you like it!

Hi Maureen, It's been quite a while since you have been to Seattle with
Frog Legs! You were a great accordion player when I heard you last; glad to
hear you are continuing! My wife Karen and I are still playing with a cajun
band here.

Yes, this forum is a rich source of tunes and support, I love it!

Oh I know John, seems like a lifetime ago. I'm overdue for a trip. And if you and Karen make it down here to the Bay Area, be sure to let me know so we can play a few tunes.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!