Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early Cajun Music: "La Blouse Française" - Sydney Landry

During the same recording session in 1929 that Amede Ardoin recorded in New Orleans, a musician named Sydney Landry recorded two songs for Columbia. Also influenced by the blues, Landry's style was a Cajun version of what blues guitarist Jimmie Rodgers was doing. He and Roy Gonzales were imitating this style during this time, recording them as Cajun tunes.

Read more: http://earlycajunmusic.blogspot.com/2015/03/la-blouse-francaise-sydney-landry.html

Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTE7beomKP8

WF

Re: Early Cajun Music: "La Blouse Française" - Sydney Landry

Thanks for you continued contributions, Wade! Wow! You just have an amazing bunch of great stuff.

John in Oregon

Keep in mind, very little of this is my stuff. It's material compiled from many places. Almost none of this is mine. I take almost no credit for this.

WF

Well, whether you take credit or not, a lot of us give you a lot of credit for putting together the information that you do. I find each article interesting.

Thanks. All information is welcome. If you have material, send it me.

WF

Love the Cajun yodel! I haven't heard that before. Thanks very much Wade for posting.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!