Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G accordion vs C accordion

Aside from being in a different key, is there significant differences between a C accordion and a G accordion? I know that songs on a C-box use the same fingering on a D-box.

I like that version of the Eunice 2-step that Horace Trahan does, but the fingering that he uses just does not seem to translate over to the C-box.

Thanks.

John in Oregon

Re: G accordion vs C accordion

The fingering on any key single row box should be the same, unless the layout is different. The key matters not to the accordion player, just to the folks trying to play or sing with him.

Okay then. Thanks Bryan. I guess that for me the issue is in the translation. I'll just do the best I can. I'm down to the little details now and hope to post soon.

John in Oregon

If you have the sound only, it's possible to transpose the song to a key that fit's on a C-accordion.
Am I right if I say that the way Horace is playing the song it in G on a C-accordion ?
I have the sound of the song from internet and if somebody want, I can convert it to a G-chord.
The sound is a bit weird , but it's useful to hear the accordion.
Let me know, so I can mail the right soundfile

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!