Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: methods of learning and Chris Miller

He's busy as a house on fire, but Chris Miller is probably the best person in the history of the universe (and no, I'm not exaggerating) to answer this question. I can't say enough good things about his abilities and his ability to teach, a rare combination. I agree with Jim Pettitjohn about teachers from outside the culture - Dirk Powell, Jonno Frishberg, and our own Big Nick are outstanding - but Chris is the gold standard. No one plays better, and no one teaches better, period, in my humble experience. And he's a really good guy, to boot. We are VERY lucky to have him weighing in on this board now and again. I'd be interested to know how he'd answer this question, if he has the time . . .

If I got this right you need a truck, Chris Miller, time and an audacious garden. Oh my.

Time is an essential to be sure, Sir Guy; the other three are just helpful (and glorious) blessings . . .

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!