Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Calcasieu Waltz - bit of a hint

Audacity will also let you slow down without loss of pitch, however, it's interpolation algorithm (which "fills in" the data between sample points) isn't as smooth as ASD program. Once a song has been loaded, Audacity has three features in it's menu for this.

Change Pitch, Change Speed, and Change Tempo (see menu image)

Change Pitch allows you to easily change pitch without changing the tempo from one key to another in half steps, change frenquency, or change pitch in percentage. This is useful if you have a C accordion and the song is in a D key. (see popup screen)

Change Speed allows you to easily change the pitch AND the tempo together (similar to slowing down a tape or speeding up a record). You can change both by changing the percentage of speed up or speed down. (see popup screen)

Change Tempo allows you to easily change the tempo without changing the speed. You can change the tempo as a percentage of the speed. This is useful when you're trying to learn a song and need it to "slow down" without changing anything else. You are limited by how much you can do this before the quality is degraded. (see popup screen)

Hope this helps
WF

Re: Calcasieu Waltz - bit of a hint

Awesome! Thanks for that primer, Wade. I mostly use Audacity to change pitch. I also have ASD - which is very good for changing tempo. That is sort of in its name.

The Calcasieu Waltz is proving to be not . It's just gonna take work

John in Oregon

Re: June 2015 Song of the Month - Calcasieu Waltz

Found time for this one, really busy last month.
A couple of hiccups which I hopefully recovered from- the 'ol camera nerves.

AJ!! Man!! Vous avez joue bien!!!

That would do just fine at any jam at all. You were definitely relaxing into it toward the end. I like the foot stomping.

AJ leads the way!!! Who is next. I'm working at it.

John in Oregon

Does anyone play a turn with the Calcasieu? There are some recordings with one.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!