Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 years ago today...

4 years ago today I picked up my new Ariette accordion for the first time and pulled the stops up. I could not squeeze out a sound. It took a bit of study, but it was my finding that the stops were closed when up. Next came the challenge of pumping air while pushing buttons, all in a disconnected sort of way.

That box lasted a week before I upgraded. Now 4 years, and 8 accordions later, the struggle continues.

Thanks for the support from all the folks on this forum, particulary those Cajuns who have lead me through the inner sanctums of their culture. It's been an enjoyable and enlightening journey, and it ain't over yet!

Regards,
Nedro

Re: 4 years ago today...

Hi Ned, Happy squeezin' birthday,
you are now one of the inspiring contributors here,
that share their music to others,
I'm one of your numerous faithful followers
you have friends over the ocean :-)
christophe

Progress in 4 years has been inspiring.

I'm baking you a cake.

I know you're being sarcastic Mr Guy, but you may be onto something- an accordion cake with 4 candles for stops would look fine!

Cheeky blighters abound in the UK...

Ha ha- put it down to the gloomy weather...
Seriously though, well done our Ned!
Any developments with the band project?

AJ,
No fiddlers, no French vocalists. I'd be better off in the UK!

Its guitarists I struggle with so maybe we could set up an overseas exchange!

wife surprised me

Well my wife surprised me with a accordion today. My birthday is coming up. She's not very educated on accordions. She did go to Martin from hearing me mention it. They had a Ariette that they have gone through and modified. So she bough that and a Martin case. I was kinda planning on having one made or picking up a 2nd hand Martin. But she did a darn good job. So I'm going to play this one for a few weeks or so. Through I just had to post this.

Re: wife surprised me

Good stuff on mama getting you a new box.. Your a lucky man

Just remember tho, if you decide to get a new or used Martin you better keep that Ariette. If you don't we probably won't hear from you anymore. You be 'Dead'. lol..

Good luck with the new box.

Johnnie

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!