Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vermillionville/ left handed solution.

Another wonderful session at vermillionville. Such amazing wonder inviting ppl there. I brought my ten year old son this time. He was immately hooked. I walked in with my guitar case. Mrs Ray Landy says. Take that thing out iy can't play in that case. Yes sir I'd be happy to I replied. I also visited Martin accordion this morning. Spoke to them about accordion. The left handed issue. Decided I'm going to be getting s right handed. And learn than way. Thanks again mrs Ganey arsement. I can never thank you guys enough for the information and assistance I've gotten from this site in a few short weeks.

Re: Vermillionville/ left handed solution.

I saw you come in, and heard Ray tell you that, but didn't know who your were. Should've introduced yourself.

I though that was you also. You had the hummingbird. Yea I apologize for not introducing. This is all new to me. But I defiantly know I'm in the right place with the right ppl.

Yes. I don't go very often because it is a bit of a haul, for me, but occasionally Ray asks me to host. I went because Mr. Ellis asked me to, and the last time I went was because Jo-EL Sonnier asked me to.

Really where are you out of? I am glad I got to play a session you were apart of. Wow Jo-el sonnier really. That's awesome. I want to meet and sit in with d.l menard. I'm a huge fan. I am just blown away by the welcoming of the local Heros that play the jam session. I've never walked in some where and felt so at home. Love it. Glad I got to play with you.

I don't know if D.L is still coming to the jam on Friday evening at the Begnaud House at Scott.
I met him twice there in 2010 and 2011 and he's such a nice gentlemen.
Link#2 shows a short impression of it, I was so honoured

Melodern thank you again for the information. I will defiantly hit that session. And get back to you if he's there. I would be blown away for a day with that man. I've met so many ppl in the last few weeks. Since I begin my journey in Cajun music. From you guys on here to Ganey arsement to mrs Ray to Cheryl comier. And mrs poullard. They may not remember me but i treasure the times I met them. D.l i am really looking forward to catching up with. Thanks again meloderon

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!