Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Praise to Junior Martin

Here Here for Mr Jr Martin you would not hear this about another builder that we all know about

Well, I don't know. I think highly of every one of the fine builders of these fabulous instruments. Some may be better than others much as some violins are "better" than others. Experience shows, of course. All I know is my new Martin is giving me great pleasure. It is like a booster shot to my enthusiasm for the music. May have to go to Balfa Camp this year. I am sure a Savoy, a Poullard, a Bon Ton etc would have done much the same. Did I mention I really like the key of D? I wonder how the box would work in an Irish session?

I fully intend on getting a Martin box made soon. But i do feel the same. I respect all the builders. Martin happens to be closer to my house so I went there first. And I was blown away with how respectful and helpful they were. Especially with my left handed issue I was curious about. I'm gonna play the box I got for awhile. Then I'll go after a Martin. As my needs and wants develop. I know when I started guitar, my needs and wants quickly developed. Now my guitars are a certain way. I'm guessing box will end up the same way.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!