Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beau Jocque's accordion

Hi folks,
On the, I'm going to take you downtown
album Beau Jocque, is it all chromatic and single row or is there triple row in there.
Thanks for the reply in advance
cheers
Dan

Re: Beau Jocque's accordion

i have never heard on BJ's records anything that could not have been played on a triple row

in spite of the fact that he holds a 5 row chromatic on one later cd cover

he may have experimented but i don;t think recorded with it

the triple may be in a weird key
like f bflat eflat

wle

F Bb Eb is a weird key for a triple row?

F Bb Eb is a weird key for a triple row?

Wait. What? Huh?

Re: F Bb Eb is a weird key for a triple row?

no, i didn;t mean f bflat eflat is weird

just that there may be stuff on that cd that was recorded on some other keyed triple row

the main point was, it doesn;t sound chromatic 'enough', to me, to require chromatic accordion

wle

Thanks Larry
and David ill keep persisting if it's not chromatic.In the film king of Zydeco he plays single and triple row.
cheers Dan

If I can find the time, I will listen to the CD again and figure out which kind of accordions I think he is using.

It is definitely true that he used single row and triple row the vast majority of the time.

Even though he's holding a chromatic in that picture, I really don't think he used it much at all. It was probably more of a novelty type thing.

I bought a really nice chromatic a long time ago. I figured out how to play it a bit, but never gigged with it and I don't think I ever will. I really ought to sell it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!