Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: L'anse Grise #26 stolen in Chicago

Yes, that is it, Leslie.

Been reading this and what a bummer loosing a great looking box probably sounds better than it looks.. Tough break for sure..

Anyway

I was thinking that If there are folks in the Chicago area to put and ad on whatever buy sell want type web pages and also newspaper want area with an ad similar to

CAJUN ACCORDION WANTED
======================

Cajun style accordion.. For beginner student. etc etc.
If you have an old one in good or bad shape don't matter..
Please send photo and email or phone number to get back to you..

or similar
===============================================================

If a few could, I am not in Chicago area or I would have done it already, in the area get to doing a few ads in their part of town, or even 100 plus miles away... Ya never know, Ya just never know.. And Nothing to lose tryin.

I lost an MSA 12 string pedal steel years ago. Was stolen right off the stage.. Can you believe it.. And no one saw a thing.. Right !! I felt like I was Raped. !! not a good feeling

Johnnie Good luck. !!

Theft of that box is an unfortunate testament to its quality.

I intensely hate thieves.

Good luck on its recovery.

Have you posted this on the melodeon.net site. ?

They have a Stolen Instrument section.

I posted it on melodeon.net

You're welcome.

Thanks for posting this on melodeon.net

It's very important that all of this be out there for the search engines. the accordion itself doesn't have my name on it, and these discussions need to come up when someone puts the brand into a search engine.

Here in Chicago, I'm told that pawn shops work directly with the police and filing a report is all you need to do. The police here now know my name for sure. Because it's an accordion and not a guitar might help it turn up but it might also cause the thief to wait a while to try and sell it, or perhaps make it a decoration in their house 80 years. But sometimes they turn up and all I can do is hope.

This has ruined my year. But I am the kind of person who counts my blessings when I hear about truly bad things that happen to people, and it's hard to go around whining that your accordion got stolen.

This is not a $2000 accordion. it's priceless. If you are one of the very few people who own a L'anse Grise, you recognized Bryan's unique artistry, contacted him, and he built it for you. It's custom and it was made for me. If I saw it for sale and I couldn't get it back proving it's mine, I'd buy it back for another another $2000 because I am supposed to own it. In addition to feeling totally violated, I am embarrassed and ashamed for not protecting something enough that is so special, and maybe not worthy of owning it.

Thanks again
Sean

Don't know if you have house insurance or not. but it might cover it.. Might not.. Instrument insurance is available BUT we don't usually go there till we had something stolen.. Thats what happened in my case.. Car insurance and contents.. Don't know.. Worth ans ask tho..

Good luck again

Johnnie

Renters insurance may also work.. my daughter has had items stolen from her car and they were covered.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!