Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Practice time.

I think with even 15 minutes a day you can move the ball forward. Especially if you do longer practice sessions on your days off, to sort of anchor your learning. That's what I tend to do. Once or twice a week I sit down and really dig deep into learning something new. I may not be able to play it up to speed but I know it. Then the rest of the week I chip away at it a few minutes here and there. Don't give up!

A few practice tips that helped me:

- better to play regularly for a short time (like 20 minutes a day, or even better: twice 20 minutes a day) than occasionally for hours on end.
- set yourself a goal and work towards it.
- beware: don't practice your own mistakes. Before you learn something, make sure you have it right.
- record yourself and try to find out what's right and what's wrong
- try to practice slowly, but regularly. Use a rhythm device.
- make sure you know the melody line (i.e. be able to sing it) before you start playing it.

Yea I sat and talked lee Benoit the other night he basically said the same thing.

Yea that's what I basically do. Good to hear that word for someone else too. Thanks for the advice man.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!