Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LGS presents "Ancestry and Cajun Music History of Joe Falcon and Cleoma Breaux"

On November 19th, I'll be presenting: "Ancestry and Cajun Music History of Joe Falcon and Cleoma Breaux" at the Lafayette Genealogical Society.

The couple were the first commercial Cajun music recording artists. I will cover their family's origins as well as describe their life and times through the years. There will be a few artifacts and plenty of pictures, sound clips, and most likely some live music. It should be interesting for anyone interested in Cajun music history. Special thanks goes out the the Lafayette Genealogical Society and the Archives of Cajun and Creole Folklore at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

Lafayette Public Libary, South Regional Branch
6101 Johnston St. Lafayette, LA
November 19th, 2015.
6:30PM

Re: LGS presents "Ancestry and Cajun Music History of Joe Falcon and Cleoma Breaux"

Is there any chance that that presentation will be recorded and made available on the web? I'd sure like to see it.

John in Oregon

Re: LGS presents "Ancestry and Cajun Music History of Joe Falcon and Cleoma Breaux"

Great! I will let my sister know. She lives real close to that new library branch on the southside. Maybe she could go!

Re: LGS presents "Ancestry and Cajun Music History of Joe Falcon and Cleoma Breaux" - how did it g

Hey Wade,

How did the presentation go?

John in Oregon

Re: LGS presents "Ancestry and Cajun Music History of Joe Falcon and Cleoma Breaux" - how did it g

John, it will be held November 19th, 2015.
WF

Hah.. yeah.. Your posting did quite clearly say "November".

John in Oregon

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!