Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LOOKING FOR CAJUN/ZYDECO BAND FOR A PERMANENT GIG

MUSICIANS with cultural integrity BEWARE. I have been following music on Bourbon St since the 1980's. There has been less than a handful of musicians that are still performing or have lost their gigs and moved back to the homeland. We used to come to Tropical Isle but we always left because they decided to show a football game instead or the bands we were hoping to see were not playing there. We have been avid followers of Tropical Isle since it was Papa Joe's. My family and I have see the bands come and go and seen bands working so hard and it seems like the managers are always looking to hire new bands OR staff...you never recognize the faces when you return.The people that are performing there are fools for putting stock in a club that puts the music and staff last on the list. The management is out of touch with what the customers want and they are exploiting the Cajun culture, which I'm sure they know nothing about. This is coming from someone that once was an avid customer until I saw how poorly everything was run. Also, customer service is last on it's list as well. There was an incident when my family and I saw a late-night band that plays Saturdays at like 11 pm and had a washboard player and we mentioned that the washboard was SO LOUD that I practically went deaf! The band was very rude to me and ignored me. My concern is that everyone at that club is struggling and we have a deep concern for our favorite musicians and bartenders. The club seems to put everything else in front of the music and appeal of the club. My family and I would hate to see anymore people put stock in a poorly run club especially true Cajun and Zydeco musicians. FYI REAL CAJUNS DON'T SAY "AYYYEEEEEEEEE!"

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!