Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early Cajun Music: "Lemonade Song" - Leroy Broussard

LeRoy Broussard was another popular Cajun accordion player during the 1940s. He had played with Chester "Pee Wee" Broussard. According to Mr. C.J. Broussard, LeRoy was the first Cajun accordionist to play dances standing up contrary to the credit given the late Austin Pitre.

Read more: http://earlycajunmusic.blogspot.com/2015/11/lemonade-song-leroy-broussard.html

Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15aqGUVY7gY

Re: Early Cajun Music: "Lemonade Song" - Leroy Broussard

Thanks for the regular additions of new pages, WF.

Is "Carry on" the name of a drink?
Because LB sings: "Passez moi le verre de "carry on", and that's also the French trancription; whereas the English translation reads: "Pass me the glass then carry on.

Christian, I asked dad that years ago, he said it was a product similar to Hadacol (copycat?) available back in the day.

Christian / Bryan -

The product was called "Karryon." It was launched by Louisiana state senator Dudley J. LeBlanc after he sold off his "Hadacol" brand to a syndicate on unwary Yankee investors (which subsequently went belly up).

See the linked site for the complete (and pretty funny) story of LeBlanc and Hadacol.

Oops - make that "Kary-On."

Thanks Bryan and Bassman. Yes, funny story! (I couldn't find anything on Internet because of the wrong spelling in the song).

Excellent detective work!

WF

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!