Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Good" Prices on Used LA Boxes?

...maybe a little lagniappe for the $1500 model? And while you're at it, maybe a bottle opener on the end plate.

The Guy:

"Truely" is actually spelled truly.
"Benci" is Binci.
I would recommend getting the basics down.
The "desired" reeds of the early 20th century were DIX reeds.. the only current supplier costs more than a set of Binci Pros.

Here is my suggestion..
Build your own accordeon to the quality you expect others to build for $1500 and see if you would sell it for that, and if yours would measure up.

Other points, even the Saxon/Bohemian/German/Austrian accordeons of the early 1900s were hand made, even more-so than now.

On a point of agreement, great music has been made on inexpensive instruments.
I have own many one rows including teens cheapies, hand Made Cajun (they are not all made in LA, some are made elsewhere such as Texas)
Currently I play an Italian made Castagnari. I also have and play, three Hohner HA models 112,113,114 all dating from the 50s. My favorite of the bunch is my GGFs 1880 hand made 2 1/2 row 6 bass with leather bellows and pitched in D/G (rare) It is a daily player.

Prove your point.. get an HA 114, tweak it and go for it. Johnny Connolly has played Hohners for 60 years, no finer one row player. See if you can match his skill level. I believe he also owns and plays a Cajun made unit but he prefers the Hohners.. Check You Tube for examples of his playing.

Another point LaFleur and Moreau are not "new" builders and are at the top of my list for a true Cajun built instrument along with John Doucet.

Another point.. if you think that Martin and Savoy and Falcon are the pinnacle of accordion building, you need to get out more.

Well now The Guy..
No huevos to respond ?

When you see so fit as to correct my fk'n spelling right off the bat, I don't rate you as being worth much. So move on. You fail to recognize where I'm coming from and what I'm all about, therefore I see you as a one jump chump that got insulted by the truth I was putting down, and you needed to one up me or "get me back" in your own english teacher kind of way. Do you go to jam sessions to learn and contribute, or do you show up to jam sessions to dominate the local competition and show everyone who's the boss? You probably break out with some Steve Riley tunes you learned from his Tutorial DVD on the first songs dont ya? That's all I have for you there Gold Fingers. He corrected my fk'n spelling....geez.

He's an angry elf!

I disagree.

He's a grandstanding, illiterate, ignorant, self absorbed, insulting individual intent on educating those who have seen other "The Guy" s come and go.

Check his posts in other threads.

You could do that but he has managed to have them eliminated. Stand up guy.

May I suggest going over to melodeon.net and see how long you last there.

Pistol Pete. See ya around bub. Take care of them fingers ok? I want them nice and uninjured when I shake your hand. You'll know me by the handshake.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!